Dress Code & Etiquette
Alnwick Castle Golf Club Golf Dress Code
- Shirts must have sleeves.
- Football shirts, T-shirts or vests are not acceptable.
- Jeans are not acceptable
- Track suits, leisure suits and shell suits are not permissible
- Shorts are acceptable if they are tailored to the knee. Cycling shorts, leggings and beach wear are not allowed on the course.
The club's Staff, Starter or any board member have the right to bring to the attention of any member or visitor, the fact that their dress may not be in keeping with the requirements of the club rules.
Alnwick Castle Golf Club Clubhouse Dress Code
When golfing we ask that you adhere to the “golf “dress code. While enjoying our bar, lounge or outdoor space we don’t have a specific dress code but smart casual is preferred. We ask that you keep your footwear on at all times.
We ask that hats are not worn in the clubhouse. Hats are permitted on the balcony.
Alnwick Castle Golf Club Smoking & Vaping Policy
This Smoke Free Policy amends the current Smoke Free Policy to include the use of electronic nicotine delivery systems – known as e-cigarettes, e-cigars, e-hookahs and e-pipes.
To protect and enhance indoor air quality and contribute to the health and well-being of all employees and visitors, Alnwick Castle Golf Club shall be entirely smoke free and vape free. This policy is effective immediately. Smoking and vaping are prohibited in all enclosed areas. A designated smoking/vaping area is situated close to the bike rack.
Smoking/Vaping is prohibited on the balcony.
Any person playing the course is required to…
- Be courteous to fellow golfers
- Observe the local rules
- Have their own bag of clubs
- Avoid moving, talking, standing close to, or directly behind the ball when a player is addressing the ball or making a stroke
- Avoid slow play at all times and leave the putting green immediately after a hole is completed
- Signal to the players behind to pass through when searching for a ball and should not search for three minutes before doing so. Having signalled to the players behind play should not resume until they have passed and are out of range.
- Rake bunkers, leaving the rake in the middle of the bunker
- Replace all divots, including those in the rough and in the practice area
- Keep to pathways and walkways
- Avoid damage to the course and tees with practice swings
- We would like to remind all visitors to Alnwick that the use of mobile phones on the course is prohibited and they may only be used in the car park. Please ensure that whilst playing your mobile phone is switched off.
- As an act of courtesy to all members and guests we request that mobile phones are programmed to silent whilst using the clubhouse facilities.
At Alnwick Castle Golf Club we are dog friendly on the course, and in any of the outside seating areas we have including the balcony.
Unfortunatley, We can't allow dogs in the clubhouse unless they are assistance dogs.
To assist with the maintenance of the greens and tees, all players are further required to…
- Repair all pitch marks on greens with a pitch mark fork
- Avoid dragging feet on the greens
- Place golf bags at the side of the green
- Keep buggies and trolleys off greens at all times
- Fill divot scars on tees with a mixture of sand and soil where provided
- Avoid excessive practise swings on the tees
The Club's staff will ensure that the above rules are adhered to.
We hope you enjoy your round at Alnwick Castle Golf Club.